What ages do we allow in?
This varies with events. Generally, we are 18+ unless otherwise specified. Some concerts and events are all ages and some of them are 21+. Please look on each specific event for details.
What forms of ID are acceptable?
- A valid driver's license.
- A valid North Carolina State ID card (no other State ID cards are acceptable)
- A valid passport.
- A valid U.S. Military ID.
- Expired forms of ID are not valid. All forms of ID must be in date
- Paper temporary ID cards are not valid.
Is there a smoking section?
We have an outdoor deck area where you can smoke and take your drinks. The deck is not covered however and will not protect from inclement weather.
Is there seating available?
We do have tables and chairs spread throughout the venue with many of them upstairs. We have 40 chairs in the building. They are first come first serve unless otherwise noted.
Are we handicap accessible?
What are the options for parking?
We have a very large parking lot and it is free to park.
Is there a VIP section?
There is no VIP section unless specifically noted on an event.
What time does the show start and end?
Concerts usually begin approximately an hour after we open doors. Most concerts do have an opener and on average each set is 30-45 min. The headliners set is generally 75-90 min. These are general parameters, shows will deviate from this slightly. Most shows are over at around midnight.
I've lost my phone/wallet/keys, etc, how do I get it back?
Regarding everyone’s lost and found items at CityBar Raleigh to include but not limited to; Cell phones, ID cards, Drivers Licenses, Purses, Wallets, and Credit/Debit cards. We have office hours each week where we place the orders for the week and handle administrative duties During those hours you are welcome to come by and grab your belongings. These office hours may vary for special events, please email us at Kirstin@citybarraleigh.com or send us a Facebook message to confirm that we do in fact have your items and when you will be by to pick them up. Office hours are generally Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s between 12:00pm and 4:00pm. These hours are subject to change so please do confirm your pick-up time via email or Facebook message. We will respond to you as soon as we can to ensure prompt pick up. We will hold your items for no longer than 30 days. We appreciate your business. Thank You!
If you leave the venue during an event or show, can you come back?
If you leave during the show and your ticket has already been scanned, we do not allow re-entry with the exception of our smoking section on the deck.
Ticket scanning, if you do not have a hard copy.
Tickets for events can be scanned from your phone. You do not need to have a hard copy on you.
Do we serve food?
We do not currently serve food.
Do we allow for cameras and videography at our venue?
Video cameras, monopods, tripods, audio recording devices and cameras with professional telephoto or zoom lenses are NOT permitted inside CityBar without prior authorization. This policy will be strictly enforced. You may bring in non-professional or disposable cameras. However, for some events, cameras of any type and/or flash photography may be completely prohibited. Any photos taken are for personal use only and may not be sold, licensed or distributed.
Policy on outside food and beverage
We’re all for you grabbing a bite to eat or a drink before making your way to CityBar Raleigh for your event, however, any outside food and beverages (including cans and bottles) are not permitted inside.
List of prohibited items
CityBar Raleigh asks all Guests to arrive early and travel light as you may be subject to search. We ask that our Guests avoid bringing unnecessary items. CItyBar Raleigh may utilize metal detecting hand wands or other devices prior to any Guest being permitted to enter. Please note that bag check services are available at the front door.
Some items that are prohibited are: weapons, laser pens, inappropriate signs, banners, oversized bags, outside food and beverage (including water), cans, bottles, alcohol, illegal drugs, video cameras, laptops, computers, tablets, professional cameras, monopods, tripods and audio recording devices. For some events, cameras of any type and/or flash photography may be prohibited.
What are the area hotels for guests coming in from out of town?
Some of the area hotels are listed here. There are other options of course, but these are some of the closest that guests have been happy with in the past.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh 1707 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, NC 27605 •(919) 828-0811
Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown 320 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, NC 27603 •(919) 832-0501
Raleigh Marriott City Center 500 Fayetteville St, Raleigh, NC 27601 •(919) 833-1120
Do we have coat check?
Yes, the door person also checks coats and bags.
Want to advertise on screens at concert?
Please contact us via email for these specific requests. We are happy to give pricing options for this service.
Do we have an ATM?
We do have an ATM located just inside the building.
How can I purchase tickets and when will they be available?
Most of our shows have tickets online at etix.com. Those are usually available about a month in advance of each show. Each event will have ticketing information listed as not all of the shows will have ticketing through etix.com.
Is there a group discount?
We do not offer a group discount currently.
Do the bars accept credit cards?
Yes, the bars all take major credit cards. The front door is cash only for ticketing and coat check.
Code of conduct
CityBar Raleigh Staff has been trained to intervene when deemed necessary and to use their best discretion to help ensure that Guests who ignore the Code of Conduct do not interfere with another Guests’ ability to enjoy an event. Guests who violate the Code of Conduct may be subject to ejection without refund and, to the extent their conduct constitutes a violation of law, may be subject to arrest. We thank you for your cooperation.
- Guests shall be respectful of others around them.
- Guests shall avoid blocking the view of other Guests.
- During some concerts, the artists may request that Guests be permitted to stand immediately in front of their seats during the entirety of the performance. On those occasions, standing Guests shall continue to be respectful of others around them and avoid blocking the view of other Guests.
- Guests shall not interfere with the event or the performers in any way.
- Guests shall refrain from using foul/offensive language, fighting, obscene gestures, throwing objects and engaging in other behavior detrimental to the experience of other Guests.
- Guests shall not stand on seats or any other building structure.
- Guests shall not occupy a seat or remain in an area for which they do not possess a valid ticket and shall provide their ticket upon request.
- Guests shall not smoke anywhere in our arena
- The possession or use of illegal drugs in or around our arena is strictly prohibited
- Guests who consume alcoholic beverages shall do so in a responsible manner.
- Guests are encouraged to report inappropriate or offensive behavior to Security.
- Guests shall comply with requests from CityBar staff regarding the venue’s operational and emergency procedures.